Many people are apprehensive about the costs associated with cord blood banking. There are good reasons for the apprehension. If you have ever been to a cord blood storage facility, you will surely be impressed with the sterile surrounding, the high tech equipment ad the foolproof procedures. Naturally, if something as precious but as perishable as cord blood is to be kept for 18 – 20 years, then elaborate precautions would naturally be the norm.
Typically, private cord blood banks charge you $1600 to $2000 as a one time fee on enrolment and thereafter an annual maintenance charge is levied. The options available are really large and even a person with moderate means will find it easy to select an option. You can pay the enrolment fee in a lump sum or spread it over 12 months. With some cord blood banks, paying in one go would mean a discount, others simply spread the money mathematically over 12 months. If that be the case, you could consider putting the money aside and paying in installments.
The annual maintenance charge of cord blood preservation amounts to around $115 per year and needs to be paid in the month your baby was born in. You could pay this in a lump sum as well and avail substantial discounts. If, however, you do this, remember to enquire if a refund will be forthcoming in case you retrieve your umbilical cord blood before the allotted storage period is up.
While there is some processing associated with the thawing of the cord blood sample and making it available for use, there are typically no charges for this.
Many people reduce their cord blood storage costs by a novel method. They typically store the sample for a few years till the baby’s health and growth stabilizes. Once it is realized that that the probability of using the sample is remote, they transfer the rights to a family that is in need of the cord blood. In this manner, most of the costs paid are recovered and the early years of your baby’s growing up are protected.
Do not look for costs alone when deciding your cord blood bank. See the track record and the cord blood storage facilities before you decide. The size of their client list will also be an indication of the quality of the service they offer.
- umbilical cord blood stem cell in Gilbertville MA
- umbilical stem cell storage in Hudson MA
- cord blood storage cost in Stearns KY
- cord blood banking in Belle WV
- cord blood storage companies in Elderton PA
- private cord blood banks in Tylersburg PA
- types of cord blood banks in Chisholm MN
- cord blood transplant in Salado TX
- cord blood registry in Springdale AR
- cord blood banking companies in Clermont KY
- cord blood solutions in Mineral VA
- cord blood donation hospitals in Beatty NV
- umbilical cord blood banking in Riviera TX
- umbilical cord blood stem cells in Purmela TX
- public cord blood banking in Dakota MN
- process of cord blood banking in Kemblesville PA
- cord blood storage in Malden MO
- cord blood banking prices in North Smithfield RI
- private cord blood banking in Wabasha MN
- cord blood stem cells in Ardsley On Hudson NY
- public cord blood donation banks in North Tonawanda NY
- cord blood umbilical blood in Endwell NY
- cost of cord blood banking in Woollum KY
- cord blood preservation in Gibson PA
- cord blood gas in Peoria AZ
- cord blood donation in Jeffersonville VT
- cord blood embryonic stem cells in Vanderwagen NM
- cord blood center in Clifton TN